Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ephesians

For the past week I've been going through Ephesians as part of my daily readings. I've been meaning to write about what I've been learning/what God is saying to me etc, but I haven't had the time in the mornings and I've forgotten what I wanted to write by the evening. (ooh that implies I've forgotten what God had said to me!) Anyway, here's today's thoughts from Ephesians 2: 1- 9

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,
made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions
—it is by grace you have been saved.
God chose to love me. His love for me is not conditional on my loving Him. His love for me is not conditional on my obeying Him. His love for me is not conditional on the work I do for Him. His love for me is not conditional on the work I do for Him.
God's love for me is a gift, freely given, that I may enjoy life, that I may propser and that I may life a life so full that I can only praise Him for his love and for all that I have.
Yes, there are conditions for following Him, but there are no conditions to receiving His love or for remaining loved.
His love is a gift He will never take away from me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God's love, mercy and grace - what more could we need.

Amen to that