Sunday, May 30, 2010

John 1: 1 - 5

In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
3 God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
4 The Word gave life to everything that was created
and his life brought light to everyone.
5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it.


Jesus brings light to everyone. We hear amazing stories of people living in isolated places who have never heard of Jesus yet they have encounters with Him and become believers. His light shining brings about change in people. His light shining cannot be extinguished or understand or overpowered. Different bible versions use these different words, but what if the original word meant all three? I'm not a scholar, so I prefer to just use the internet to compare the different versions, it widens perspective.

In our lives we can choose to follow the light or ignore it. We can choose to let it bring life in all it's fullness or just live an existence on this planet. We can choose.

From my own personal experience, I much prefer living when I allow God to be in my life than the times when I've ignored Him and gone my own way. Life with Light is much brighter. We can see more clearly and enjoy life so much more!

No comments: