Wednesday, June 29, 2005

This morning I was woken by our dog singing (or is it whineing? - singing is easier to spell!) at 4.0 am! I waited for 20 minutes for him to quiet down before eventually going downstairs, getting a glass of water and sitting down with Psalm 119.

The first thing that hit me today was verse 55
In the night I remember your name, O LORD,
and I will keep your law.

I love to listen to praise music and do so at every opportunity. In the car, whilst on the pc (I listen to Cross Rythms Radio on the net and would recommend it to everyone!) and now with modern technology, I listen in the classroom when I am alone. Without realising it, I am putting words of praise into my mind. When I wake, either in the night or in the morning, my head is singing songs I have listened to during the day.

I worry about the words our children are listening to on the radio. Songs about violence, hatred and anger fill their world. I can only encourage my growing children to change their listening habits, but what about all the other children in the world who are having their minds inhabited with such angry and harmful words?

Remembering who God is and keeping a right perspective of His holiness will help us to keep His law. Keeping the right words in our minds will help us show God's love as we live our lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading the word at 4am! Wow, I'm impressed. I have to confess, I don't think that would have been my reaction if I had been woken up at that time! ;-)

Sue said...

I've always been an early rise, but I have to admit that 4am is a bit extreme even for me. At least at that time the house is a lot quieter.