Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Pure Heart and Joy!

I've been struck recently by comments about being pure in heart.

Psalm 51:10 - 13 says

Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will turn back to you.
There are 2 things that strike me.
First we need to be seeking God for a pure heart. We cannot be pure on our own. It is only by living God's way and continually acknowledging and accepting our need for forgiveness that we can have a pure heart.
The second has been niggling me for a while and came home more strongly last night. We heard about 2 women who had become Christians at the Alpha course this week. We prayed that their joy would be contagious.
Where's the joy of my salvation?? Why do I no longer live a life that overflows with joy for the salvation I received?
These verses are my prayer for the moment.
Restore to me the joy of my salvation, then I will be enthusiastic about spreading the good news of Jesus and the wonderful things he has done and is doing in my life!

No comments: