Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hectic week

This week we're having lots of little jobs done on the house. It's exciting, every day I come home from work and look to see what's been done. You know all those annoying little jobs that you never really get around to? The ones you put off because you know that although they're simple tasks, they're simple to someone who is experienced and knows what they're doing.

Two weeks ago the shower heating element died! So we've had baths every day since then. Now don't get me wrong, I like nothing better than a leisurely soak in the bath now and again. But these days I really don't have the time to run a bath in the morning, let alone soak in one! Today the shower man comes to fit a new shower! (As well as the handyman continuing with his jobs!)

Change is good, renewing is exciting!

At work, school is busy. We had our annual open evening on Tuesday, which meant smiling at prospective parents and pupils until 9 at night. It appeared to go well in our department and we were surprised that we still had parents visiting the maths department at 9.10pm.

Many other things are happening and I feel as though I'm not getting my job done well, or that I've got the energy to keep going! Yet, yesterday someone commented that I was looking far more relaxed and less stressed at school than I had last term. Now last term, due to staffing, I was on a reduced timetable and only teaching 12 lessons a week. This term I'm teaching 21 lessons! The difference? A Holy Spirit difference.

I'm feeling far more prepared to face my days this term. God is doing amazing things and some of it is being done to me! I'm excited by the strength I'm gaining. I'm feeling so much more secure in God, so much more in awe of him, so much more in love with him. So much more hungry for more!

I may not be witnessing openly, but God's power within me is beginning to change the way I work, the way I react around other staff and around the pupils. People are beginning to notice a change! I know I've felt different. It was encouraging to hear that someone else had noticed a difference too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally got round to catching up with your blog. So pleased to hear that you are knowing the Holy Spirit making a big difference in your life this term. And that others are noticing that you are different. Keep on asking to be filled daily so that you continue to know His strength and guidance every day.