Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Who Am I?

I'm one of those people who's very negative about myself, very unsure about my skills and very low in self esteem.

When I started this blog it was with the intention of it helping me to become more positive and in some ways I do feel a lot more positive. Yet I know I have a lot more to learn. When I look at myself I see someone who has very little joy for living and I know this is not as it should be.

I feel challenged at the moment to really seek who I am. To find out what it means to be a child of God.

I can rattle off a load of phrases about being a royal priesthood, holy, pure in God's eyes, set free from condemnation, full of the Spirit etc. Yet I believe I need to get to grips with what this really means in my every day practical existance.

Over the coming weeks and months I want to try to formally put down in words a study which will guide me into discovering what it really means to be a child of God.

This year we bought a desk calendar which gives bible verse for each day. Today's comes from Joshua 24:15

But as for me and my household,
we will serve the Lord
This seems as good a place as any to start. I am a servant of the Lord. Now in a practical, everyday sense, what does this mean?
Any suggestions?

No comments: