Sunday, January 01, 2006

The old has gone

I lost the last 2 days of last year. I spent them in bed with a migraine! So we missed the party, the fireworks and everything else that goes with seeing in the New Year.

Thankfully, this morning my head is almost normal and I can walk around the house again.

The past year has seen big changes for me. I'm expecting more changes this year as I seek God's will for our lives.

I've now handed in my notice and feel lost as I haven't a clue which direction I should be looking for new work. But I know that I am not alone. I may not know where I am going this year, but God does and I know he is in control. I feel a bit like someone who is walking with an experienced hiker over mountainous terrain. I know I need to get to somewhere, I don't know where somewhere is, or how to get there but I have absolute faith that the leader does. As long as I follow them and don't stray I will arrive safely at the destination.

To me, New Year's Day is nothing special, it's just another day. But at the same time, every day is a special day to seek God's will and begin a new phase of work for Him.

No comments: