Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Captivating

I've been captivated by the love of Jesus since reading Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. I was amazed at how long it took me to read through this book. It's only 200 pages and with a week avoiding the burning spanish sun, I had plenty of time to read. But this is a book that requires thoughtful reading if it is to be effective in your life.

I'd better add, this is a book for women. When read by a man, it will provide insight into his loved one but it's main aim is at the heart of a woman's soul.

I've found that in the past couple of days I've found it so much easier to see myself as being truly loved by Jesus. I've always accepted that his love for me led him to the cross. But I've seen it as a love which will bring me into God's presence.

Now I see it as so much more. Jesus pursued me. I didn't find him, he chose me. He chose me because he desired me to be his loved one and to enter into an intimate relationship with him that extends to so much more than just being a person who can stand in the throne room of the Almighty God.

I guess I've always seen myself as one of the courtiers in the crowd of a royal throne room, but Jesus sees me as so much more.



No comments: