Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Quiet Christmas here..

We enjoyed a quiet family Christmas, missing Rob. Whilst he enjoyed a far different day in the French Alps!

During the morning, he dressed up as Santa and took a ski lift up the mountain. He then donned his sack and strapped himself onto his snowboard to set off down the mountain with goodies for the children in the chalet. Much to the concern of other children on the nursery slope - Santa fell over!!!! He hurt his coccyx heehee but, with a "HoHoHo" he got up and set off back down the main slope to the chalet. He had just arrived back and sat down surrounded by the children, when his mobile went off! So he joked it was Mrs Claus checking he had arrived safely. He loved the experience!

Sadly the day did not end so well! He ran out of gas during Christmas dinner and spent hours running up and down stairs to another kitchen to try to cook the meal. He was disappointed as it meant he spent less time on presentation than he would usually and so felt he had let the guests down.

I'm looking forward to getting some pics of him as Santa. I'll make sure I post one on here for posterity!

As for me? My worst present was THUD, by Terry Pratchett! It's made me almost a recluse whilst I read it! If I read it in the company of others I keep laughing and sadly if Iread back what has just amused me, it doesn't seem as funny to the listener. So I have to cope with being given strange looks, or becoming a hermit until I've finished the book. I truly love the writings of this author!

No comments: