Saturday, December 24, 2005

Almost Christmas

Tomorrow is Christmas Day.

It will be a little strange knowing that Rob is not with us, but cooking a fantastic Christmas dinner for 14 strangers somewhere in the French Alps. He's having an amazing time over there! He started ski-ing and snow-boarding about 10 days ago and gets a couple of hours in each afternoon. On Christmas Day he gets to dress up as Santa, throw a sack of presents over his back and ski across to the chalet. it seems strange that Rob's doing this seeing as he's the least experienced skier of the staff! We have visions of him ski-ing right past the chalet, not being able to stop, or else crashing into the french windows at the front. Whichever it is, I'm sure everyone will enjoy his arrival!

Back home, we are looking forward to a quiet weekend. We completed all our Christmas shopping on Thursday and have just relaxed since then. The house looks lovely! I'm so pleased with the new carpets and the completed decor. I was more adventurous with my Christmas decorations this year as I had been donated a lot of mum's things when she moved to Spain. It's strange how she considers me to be more creative, yet in this area I tend more to the understatement. Having mum's beautiful welsh dresser in the dining room, I simply remembered how she dressed it and hopefully followed suit. The dining room is now one of the warmest rooms in the house and I'm really looking forward to eating my turkey dinner there.

I wish all my blog readers, both regular and infrequent, a Very Happy Christmas. May you enjoy and relax at this special time and above all, celebrate the greatest gift ever given!

No comments: