Thursday, December 08, 2005

Plans and Promises

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I've been fretting and worrying about something big recently. Whether or not I'm in the right job, whether or not I'm even in the right career. The part answer appears to be no but whether it's to the first or the latter I'm not sure. I've been putting off making my decision (and to a certain degree still am) because I'm concerned about the pressures I'll put my colleagues under, and about what they will think about me if I quit. I was reminded last night that I need to be concerned about only one person - God.

My decision to stay or to go must be based purely on whether it is God's will that I remain. My decision about when I go should also be based purely on God's will for my life.

My desire is to do the will of God, sometimes it can be so difficult to know exactly what that is.

No comments: