Saturday, December 24, 2005

It may be Christmas but life goes on..

This week I've put in place the next step of my life. On Monday I went into school and handed in my notice. It's been a strange few weeks seeking God's will for our lives. It has been a joint decision with Ian and myself seeking what God wants for our lives. My cessation of teaching does not just affect me but the whole family.

The strange thing is that last night I realised just how much we live in this world, but not of it! Ordinarily people do not leave a job when they have no idea of where or what they are going to do next. Ian and I have considered the financial implications of my not having a job and although we recognise that my salary is vital to our living, we are not concerned about it's loss. We believe that God is in control of this situation and, if anything, we are excited about what he is bringing us into.

David spoke at the carol service last night about the season we are in. Ian and I firmly felt we are at the start of Spring. The old is dying off and under the ground new shoots are coming up. As yet they are not visible, but we have a hope, a firm belief, that they will come through. Soon the reality of new things emerging will be all around us. God has great things planned for our family. This time last year I was single with a new Christian as a partner and no thoughts of getting married. Within 3 months I was married and the strength and security I have received from God's union is awesome.

Now God's plan is moving on. It's an exciting time.

No comments: