Sunday, December 11, 2005

Living with past failures

Over the past couple of weeks I've been tackling the issue of whether I need to change my career. I now stand in the knowledge that it is time to move on. Satan has had a field day! He's been whispering in my ear about failure! This is something else I've failed at, something else that I just don't have the bottle to see through!

This morning I went to church knowing that both my peace and joy have been stolen from me! I've been living in the knowledge of who God is, but not accepting what it means to my life.

Roger Aubrey was speaking and very powerfully spoke into many areas of people's lives. For me, it was the word that nothing will seperate me from God, not my present nor my future. He pointed out that the past is not mentioned in Romans 8: 37 as it has already been dealt with. The past has no hold on my life, it cannot dictate how my future will be or even how my present will be.

As a Christian, my sins have been forgiven, the old life no longer has a hold on my present or future. My past mistakes are just that past! They have gone and are no longer to have a hold on my life.

My peace has been restored and now I need to rediscover the joy of being in Christ and being filled with his Holy Spirit. I've felt so low recently as I've gone through this time of searching. This is not how God wants me to seek his will and direction in my life! He wants me to know his joy at all times in my life for what he has done for me and to rest in the security that his plans are for my prosperity and not harm, plans to give me a hope and a future.

I'm getting excited now about what God has in store for me. When chatting to Roger after the meeting he said something about us never knowing in January what December will bring. I recalled that in January I was a single woman with no idea that on March 26th I would be getting married! If such a major change can happen in 3 months of this year, what amazing things has God got in store for me over the next few months??

All I know is, I want to be where God wants me to be! If that means stepping out and facing major changes in my life then I'm prepared to do it. It's a small step compared with the steps Jesus took to bring me into a place where my life is held secure in the loving hands of an all powerful and all mighty God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen to that!

Anonymous said...

Brave Lady Sue, but stick with it, trust in God for He is faithful. There have been many occassions this year for me and my family where I just could not see where our Lord was taking us. Like you I wanted so much to be where He wanted me to be. In work, in my families plans for mission this year and again with my business I have been challenged to a point where I could see no clear way forward, but with encouragement from good people I resolutely put my trust in Him... and what do you think... He provided of course, as He promised He would, Jehovah Jireh, God the Provider. Praise God and put your trust in Him and may He bless you indeed! Kev