Monday, February 20, 2006

Forgiveness

Yesterday was breakthrough day for me. To be honest, most days are breakthrough days at present.

David spoke on forgiveness and he had hardly started speaking when I knew there was one large area of my life that was causing me to feel bitterness and resentment. Now the person to whom I have these feelings is probably totally unaware of the fact, but the feelings I had were still incredibly strong within me and often caused me to well up with tears.

The amazing thing about God's forgiveness is the way he so gently brings us to an understanding of our wrong doing. Our response then is to either forget it (or at least try to! God's Holy Spirit will keep on convicting us until we repent) or to ask a gracious heavenly Father to forgive us.

Together with some friends, I asked God to forgive me and to give me the strength to forgive this person for the wrong they had done. I accept that he will probably never make up for what he has "stolen" from me, but God will.

Joel 2:24-26

25 "I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
It's a time of realising that when God repays the things we have lost, he does not repay in the way that we repay, like for like.
Whilst dishing up our evening meal yesterday, my eldest son said.
"I love eating here! Sunday roast in this house is the best there is! Just look at the colour of the vegetables, everything cooked to perfection, all the colour so bright! At xxxx's home, everything is over-cooked, the colour is lost and the flavour is gone."
Now this may seem an odd comment to relay here in the blog. But to me, this was just what I needed! I praised God that he was returning something I thought I had lost. There is a very tenuous link between the person I had to forgive and the comment Rob made, but the link was enough for me to know that God was letting me know he had begun my restoration process.
I cannot thank God enough for all he has done for me, for all he is doing now and for all he has planned for my future.
I know that God is faithful, that all he has planned for me is good. I am excited to place my life in his care and see the great things he has for me!

No comments: