Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What is man?

Before Christmas, Ian and I were shopping for presents and we were looking at calenders. We found one of those daily pad calenders that has a beautiful image and a bible verse and we keep it beside the computer.

We're going through a bit of a difficult time with the kids right now and this morning I've just come upstairs and torn off yesterday's verse to find these verses from Psalm 8:

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?
God does care. Not only for me, but also for my children. Our lives are held firmly in His hand and he will see us through this difficult time.
I have a God in whom I trust. A God who is faithful and loving and who I know will provide and care for me.
What is man that He is mindful of him? He is God's creation!
Genesis 1:31 reminds us:
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.
and that includes me! He cares for me because He is pleased with the way he created me. That is why he cares for me.

No comments: