Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Another quiet day

We awoke to another cloudy day, but this time it was obvious the sun would soon be out! A little bit of shopping, a quiet glass of coke or fanta in the shade, then home for a short while.

Later we went out for a typical lunch in a truckers restaurant. For 9euros you get salad and bread and crisps to munch whilst deciding what to eat, then you are given a choice of about 5 starters, followed by a choice of 5 main courses followed by a choice of 5 deserts! The price ALSO included wine, beer or soft drinks and coffee afterwards!

By the time you've munched your way through the meal you are only fit for a siesta! No need for an evening meal either! I guess if you were a truck driver (none there this week as the quarries are on holiday) the meal would keep you going for the afternoon!

Part of me would love to come out here and live. But I guess I only see the place when I'm on holiday and I don't have the stress of work. For now, I'm glad for the place God has placed me to live and work. We have good friends, good teaching, almost automatic access to water, heating, food, internet, phones etc. Here in Spain these things are not always to be assumed. Yes the cost of living is cheaper - at the moment! But fuel costs are rising! Food prices are rising! House prices are rising.

I'll stick with my home in England and wait until God tells me to go elsewhere. Only by allowing God to direct my life can I rest.

No comments: