Friday, August 26, 2005

Who am I...

that you are mindful of me?

I awoke in the middle of the night and after a while logged onto the laptop. I was going to do a search on www.biblegateway.com for a phrase that was in my head, but my eyes glanced down the page and I spotted the "verse for today".

It was from Psalm 119 and reminded me that a friend and myself had been looking through Psalm 119 over the past couple of months. I wandered around the site for a while, but when I went back to the homepage the verse for the day had changed!

It doesn't matter. Jacqueline and I have come to realise that Psalm 119 can be summarised by saying that God's word is our life. It gives us all we need to live by, it brings us joy. We need to love God's word, to eat it greedily and to allow it to guide the way we live.

verse 175 states
Let me live that I may praise you,
and may your laws sustain me.

I was amazed that God drew me to this particular Psalm once again to show me the importance of getting his word into my life.

God cares for me! I'm struggling at the moment, but he places just the right word before me to guide me back!

Who am I that he cares so much? I'm his child!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psalm 8:4 "What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honour." It's the verse that the author of Hebrews couldn't place either! [Heb 2:6]

God is mindful of you Sue, and he will bring you out of this tough time. Keep on praising him, and fixing your eyes on him; he will never let you down.

For another relevent "mindful" moment - read the prayer of Mary: Luke 1:46-55