Sunday, August 14, 2005

Home at Last!

I've been looking forward to going to church this morning. I've missed 5 weeks of church with all the time away and I was excited to be with my friends again worshipping God in the church I attend.

During the worship I was thinking about how good it was to be back with God's people, worshipping him. Then I remembered I had spent half an hour meeting with God's people in Bath on the Sunday, and another student and I praised God's wonderful creation quietly during a session where we were told about the beauty of snowflakes.

The following week I met with over a thousand others at Bible week. Then last Sunday I worshipped with a small group local to Mum in Spain.

Although I have been away from my usual chruch for several weeks, my times of corporate worship have been varied, I have still met with God's people to worship him!

I've missed my bed! I've missed my husband, I've missed my kids and my home and decent cups of tea!

BUT

Although I have been in different places in the UK and in Spain, I have NEVER been out of God's presence. At any time I could just reach out and touch him. He has always been beside me, holding me and waiting for me to speak to him. His love and kindness has enveloped me throughout all my time away. My time away has never been a time away from Him! I have never missed being with an almighty, all powerful, every loving Father.

What a joy to know that wherever and whatever, God is always with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue - great to see you back too! It is good to experience the reality of God's presence in different places - not just to believe it theoretically, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hello Sue. I have had a similar experience, in that at the beginning of September I will be back in the church after eight weeks away. Yet in all that time I have felt the tangible presence of the Holy Spirit. Isn't it great to know God is not only around during the hours of 10.30 to 12.30 on a Sunday morning!