Sunday, September 11, 2005

I am so angry!

I'm sorry, I just have to get this off my chest!

I have a neighbour who likes to party! No often, but loudly! Last night we had to put up with her entertaining her friends until 2 in the morning, music blasting out, loud singing and lots of shouting. We resorted to sleeping on the sofas downstairs as the party was at the back of the house below our bedroom window.

She believes she has a right to party on a Saturday night, the noise is acceptable because it's a party!

In reality, we can complain to Environmental Health, but they canonly act if they hear the noise! Of course, they dont work at weekends or at night, so partying is a difficult issue. But the essence of the law these days is that it is unreasonable noise if it occurs after 10pm. Her daughters had a party 10 days ago on a Thursday night which went on until 4.20pm when we telephoned the police.

Again, we were unreasonable! For the next few days, people I haven't spoken to before, who live in our street, came up to talk about the noise from the party! We were not the only ones disturbed and I'm sure the same is true of last night.

I just want to sleep now! I've got to go to church, but I can't imagine how on earth I can praise God when I'm still so angry!

No comments: