Monday, September 26, 2005

When God Speaks

When God has something important to say, he usually says it loud and clear and repeatedly! Yesterday he spoke at least 3 times to me about the same thing.

In the morning, I'd shared about preparing my mind for action. At church a couple of hours later, there was an amazing anointing of God's Holy Spirit amongst the people. We were being to called to not only BE anointed in the Holy Spirit to also to be an anointing to others. To be active for God! In the evening we went over to Coventry to a different church and the call was once again to serve, to be active for God.

In some ways there were 3 messages given, but in others I really felt a sense of God calling me to action. To live the life he has chosen, to be a visible example of God's love. I'm not sure how God wants me to serve him, I only know that by preparing my mind each morning, by living in his kingdom, by seeking him in everything I do, I will learn to hear his voice. If I truly want to serve my Saviour King I will obey his will. For the present, I need to just be the person he created me to be. As I learn to live my life in obedience to him, by honouring him in everything I do, then he will begin to show me what he wants me to do.

One thing I do know for sure. I love God more than anything else. His love is the most precious thing I have and I don't want to allow anything in my life to seperate me from the joy of living in his kingdom. I want to serve my King. I need to listen to his voice, to be prepared and to obey.

No comments: