Thursday, September 29, 2005

Why?

Some friends of mine are going through a time where their faith could so easily be tested. In fact, a time when many of us around them could start questioning "Why God?"

Through everything that happens to us, God wants us to love him. He will see us through anything and everything that life throws at us. At this time, I know my friends have turned to him for everything they need.

I'm sure most of us are feeling useless at this time, last night I told them that all I could do was pray for them. It made prayer sound such a small thing! Yet prayer is the most powerful and wonderful tool that God has given to us! I don't need to know the details, God knows them! I just need to support my friends, to show my love for them through prayer.

1 Peter 1: 22 says

Now that you have purified yourselves
by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers,
love one another deeply, from the heart.
These people need to know how precious they are to us, how deep our love is for them, how sincere. If ALL we can do is pray, then we can show them love in no greater way than praying! If we don't know what to pray for our friends in need, we pray in tongues letting the Holy Spirit lead our prayers. Our Father in heaven will provide all they need.
I'll go back to verse 13
Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled;
set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Chris is revealed.
Our hope is in all that Christ has done for us through his death on the cross. Let us worship God and not question him. Let us be active for him in our support for our friends. Active in prayer.

No comments: