Sunday, September 18, 2005

You will need your brain in gear to understand this!

For a few days now I've been aware that I'm not reading my bible as much as I used to. It can be a few days between me picking it up, and when I do, I tend to just quickly scan few verses. I've been quietly challenged by the Holy Spirit that I must get into God's word.

So this morning I got up early to read. One of those small voices, we need to learn to ignore, spoke to me challenging me as to the reason I was going to read it was out of guilt and not desire! Thankfully I was able to reason that God doesn't mind WHY we read his word as long as we obey him! Rather than not read because I feel guilty that I'm reading it because I've been neglecting it, I decided I would read it because God has told me to. I would rather be obedient to God than to not do something because I'm only doing it because I've been told to!

No comments: