Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Creator

Psalm 8 says:
When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,

what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:


As I look back over the past year... (I know, I'm a bit premature for the old year reflections) I can see very clearly the path of revelation that God has led me through.
I started the year learning about God's awesomeness. His amazing power, holiness, creativity and love. This led me to look at Jesus and the example he gave me on how to live obedient to God's law. It also reiterated God's incredible love for us that he would sacrifice his only Son to allow me into a relationship with himself. A relationship which is far closer than most of the old Testament guys ever knew! Later, I gained insight into the character and gift of the Holy Spirit. Another example of God's love for us! By giving us his Spirit, we have more power, more awareness, more understanding, more ability to live the way God has created us to live.
The learning has almost taken me back to where I began. Being more aware and familiar with the three persons of the God head, I once again stand in awe of a God who created the heavens, yet who wants me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful isn't He?

Sue said...

Yes he is!

Thanks for your comments... it's good to know there's someone reading! :-)