Friday, November 11, 2005

Proverbs

I've got some bullies in my form. I'm sure all classes have bullies, but it's my job to try to encourage the bullying to stop in my own form.

Yesterday I looked through Proverbs and found a useful verse.

Proverbs 11:17

When you're kind to others, you help yourself;
when you're cruel to others, you hurt yourself.


I asked several members of the class if they were ever bullied. The pleasant students replied they were not bullied. The not so pleasant students replied that they got bullied. The students who are kind receive a pleasanter life at school. Other students don't "get their own back" as there is nothing to get back at.

The students who are nasty, pick on their peers, name call, hit or pick fights all find that the same kind of thing happens to them.

It proved a point.

If you're kind to others, life is pleasanter! If you're nasty to others, they will be nasty in return!

Let's be kind. After all, who wants to be picked on?

No comments: