Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Whilst reading John 2 this morning there was a footnote which took me to the verse in Psalm 69 where it says "zeal for your house will consume me."

I turned to Psalm 69 and so easily managed to see myself in the lines of this psalm. I'm going to admit to the fact I'm struggling at the moment.
14 Rescue me from the mire,
do not let me sink;
deliver me from those who hate me,
from the deep waters.

15 Do not let the floodwaters engulf me
or the depths swallow me up
or the pit close its mouth over me.
This is how I feel at the moment! Yet I will praise my God! Life may be tough, but God is all I need!
29 I am in pain and distress;
may your salvation,
O God, protect me.
30 I will praise God's name in song
and glorify him with thanksgiving.

I am finding that through all that is trying to drag me into the miry depths, nothing is stopping my soul from singing praises to my God! Even when I wake in the night, my soul is not crying in self-pity but is singing praises to my loving Father and my Saviour King!
God is worthy of praise, even when life is tough. Without God, I am nothing. With God, I have all I need to live according to his will. I love an awesome, creative but amazingly loving and caring Father God!
Thank you!!! You are my everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!