Thursday, July 07, 2005

Big School

Today our future year 7's come for their induction. Life is about to bring big changes for them. Until now, education has meant one teacher, one room for the majority of their lessons. From September they will be moving around a large group of buildings, coming across many new characters, new teachers and even new subjects as they integrate into secondary school.

Inducation isnt so much a trial period as a sample of things to come. Today my job changes too - just for the day - my job is to spend a WHOLE day with one group of students! The opposite of what they will be experiencing from September! I've never really spent a whole day with one class, but it gives me an opprtunity to get to know my new form.


Today can be seen as either a scary experience or an opportunity to experience new things.

I'm looking forward to the new challenge.

No comments: