Sunday, July 10, 2005

I've got a confession to make!

Jesus is the rock on which I stand!

I've been wallowing in the intensity of my life the past few days and allowing myself to be overcome by it all. As a result, instead of getting something done, I'm getting NOTHING done!

In fact, it gets worse! Because I'm getting nothing done.. I've less time to get done all those things I need to do!

This morning I went to church and wished I hadnt bothered. I just cried for the first part of the worship until God reminded me that he's been telling me that all he wants is my worship. So I prayed for peace in my heart and slowly stood up to sing. The song we sang touched my heart and became a positive confession. I wanted to go to the front and just speak out the words so that others would hear the words of my confession.



I will bless the Lord forever
I will trust him at all times.
He has delivered me from all fear
He has set my feet upon the rock.
I will not be moved!
And I'll say of the Lord

You are my strength
My shield, my portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
There's none I desire besides you.
You have made me glad
And I'll say of the Lord

You are my strength
My shield, my portion, deliverer
My shelter, strong tower
My very present help in time of need.

Other people stood up and spoke and then Matthew Ling began to preach about the Confession of the Disciple!
So once again I say:
Jesus is my rock!
My strength and my portion.
He is all I need.
Jesus is the Son of God
the one in whom I believe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always good to know people were listening! Even better to know that the power of God's Word is at work!