Monday, July 04, 2005

Teach me

Psalm 119: 66
Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I believe in your commands.
I've got so much to learn, so many new things to discover.
More importantly, I've still got a lot of old lessons to learn! How often do we hear the same message again and again? I'm not talking about years apart, but within the space of a couple of weeks or months different people say the same thing. When God has a lesson to teach us, he uses many different people and many different ways to show us, to teach us, to guide us.
One of the greatest ways to learn is by following an example. We use the phrase "Do as I say, not as I do", yet a far more powerful tool when teaching is "Do as I DO!"
After years of guiding his people, God sent the perfect example of how we should live in his son Jesus. Yet today I look at God's own example of teaching. He was patient with his pupils, he gave many examples, reworded his teachings in case anyone missed the meaning first time around. He used visual examples, a variety of teachers (prophets, kings, leaders) and finally the ultimate example.
Today as I head off to school, I ask for God to teach me. Using his Holy Spirit to guide me and give me wisdom and knowledge as I touch the lives of these children in the job he has given me to do. He knows I need his help, I just need to ask him, he will not fail me!
So to a good day at school, using his power to do his will! What an awesome thought! I don't have to go it alone!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great that God is there all the time and doing a good work in us. We need to remain patient and remember that He has started a good work and will bring it to completion.